Sunday, October 14, 2007

Time To Switch?

If you use a computer, it's a pretty safe bet that you will have heard of Microsoft Windows. The best way to explain the job that Windows does for your computer is to imagine it as a kind of brain. It's the 'intelligence' that knows how to print a document or display a mouse pointer or connect to the Internet. If we were to refer to this 'brain' by its proper name, we'd call it an operating system.

What you might not know is that there are other operating systems out there for your computer, many of which work better than Windows, some of which are even free!

Let me introduce you to my favourite operating system. It's called Ubuntu, and it's my favourite for many reasons. If you stick with me, I'd love to explain why.

Click Here To Read Full Article

No comments: